Wayne Main Street recently formed a junior committee consisting of local high school students, who ready to leave their marks on Wayne and make a change. The junior committee will be working on projects throughout the summer with plans to continue on in the fall.
During the brainstorming session, the junior committee created a list of the things in Wayne they like and the things they would like to improve on.
Places: State Wayne Theater, the Library and Wayne Memorial High School
Activities: Farmers Market and Great After School Programs
The Vibe: Quiet, Small city with community pride, Cultural diverse,
The City: Almost everything is in walking distance, A lot of nice parks and local businesses, historic background, Unique storefronts/architecture and buildings with potential.
- reduce crime
- increase in community awareness
- bring positivity to the city and create a closer community
Things for Teens:
- create fun events for teens such as a city-wide field day.
- turn abandoned/vacant buildings into places people want to shop/hangout
- help businesses become more community friendly
- improve local business offerings by adding new businesses
- get better ice cream shops in community
- host a street fair promoting businesses
- cleaner roads
- increased amount of historical markers
- Make Wayne look more appealing and colorful
- improve the quality of the parks
- improve the library
- improve sidewalks to help increase foot traffic