Websites are essential for small businesses. Having a website will allow people to find you through search engines and learn more about your business before contacting you. In today’s time, people do not always want to call, they want to find out answers to their questions by going on to a website. Having a website is a very important tool especially for small businesses.
- Make sure your website is clear and easy to read.
- Make sure your website is responsive, meaning that it looks good on computers, tablets, and phones.
- Keep the domain simple. If you have a long business name, shorten it.
- Be sure to have the main pages: about, contact, and products/services.
- Consider hosting a blog.
- Don’t overcrowd pages with a bunch of words.
- Use clear pictures.
- Consider hiring someone to help design your website.
- Use sites such as wordpress.com to build a free site.
- Buy your domain. Its tacky and unnecessary to have blahblah.wordpress,com, especially for businesses. (Domain hosting is inexpensive).