Saturday, October 1st 11am – 2pm
After the scarecrows are hung it’s time to celebrate! Various events/activities will be happening throughout downtown including:
- Pumpkin Painting in Derby’s Alley – $3 per child – includes paint, googly eyes, and you keep your pumpkin! (between GI Surplus & Flagship Boutique on Michigan Avenue)
- Macaroni Kid will be providing a FREE craft for the kids (macaroni/pasta necklaces) as well as a giveaway!
- Food trucks/carts throughout town
- Pop-Up Flea Market behind Helium Studio on Wayne Road
- Giveaways and deals inside downtown businesses
- FREE coloring books to the first 25 kids to visit Derby’s Alley
- Buy Nearby Guy mascot appearance
- Buy Nearby shopping contest – you could win $500!
- Vendors including Lemon Lane Fresh Restyled & Sweet Sallie Anne’s vintage finds
- Karma Coffee & Cafe will be on hand serving up goodies as well!
For more information, please call (734) 629-6822.
Food Trucks List (open 11am – 2pm – map of locations coming soon)
The Nosh Pit Detroit – A metro-Detroit food truck offering vegetarian soups and sandwiches, homemade desserts, and offering vegan and gluten-free options. (will be located behind Helium Studio – 3127 S. Wayne Rd.)
Karma Coffee & Kitchen will be serving coffee plus hot & cold apple cider! Located in Derby’s Alley (between GI Surplus & Flagship Boutique on Westbound Michigan Avenue just east of Wayne Rd.)
Detroit BBQ Company: Full service BBQ catering for all occasions.
Time2Chill Detroit Gelato Truck: We are Eastern Michigan’s mobile gelato truck featuring Palazzolo’s Artisan Gelato and Sorbetto!